Last modified: June 20, 2019
If you have a financial product or service with us, including a Till Rental Loan, we will use and share non-public information (as defined by the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act) that we collect from or about you related to the use of that product or service in accordance with our Privacy Notice.
1. Information Till Collects
The information we collect about you depends on what Till Services you use and how you interact with those services.
Information you provide to us
When you use the Till Services, including creating an account, we may collect the personal information you provide us. Personal information refers to that information that tells us specifically who you are. This information includes your name, mailing address, email address and phone number. If you apply for a credit or other financial product, we may collect additional information such as your social security number, income, employment status and employer, education status, financial habits, and other information helpful to making a lending decision.
Bank account information
Information from your computer or mobile device (cookies and tracking technology)
We use or may use the data collected through tracking technologies to (a) remember information so that you will not have to reenter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site; (b) provide custom, personalized content and information, including targeted content and advertising; (c) recognize and contact you across multiple devices; (d) provide and monitor the effectiveness of the Till Services; (e) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, usage, and demographic patterns on our website; (f) diagnose or fix technology problems; and (g) otherwise to plan for and enhance the Till Services.
Information from emails, texts, phone calls, and other communications with us
When you use the Till Services, we may communicate with you through emails, texts, phone calls, and other communication methods. We may collect information about these communications, including whether you open and respond to emails and texts.
Information from third parties
We may receive information about you from third parties, including information we request on your behalf from credit reporting agencies such as TransUnion, Equifax, and/or Experian. We may also work with different third-party data partners to supplement information we collect directly from you to assess your credit worthiness or for fraud or identity verification purposes. If you are a resident of landlord with whom Till has partnered, we may collect information regarding your rental or payment history.
2. How Till Uses the Information it Collects
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us. This use includes:
- – Registering you for an account with Till
– Assessing your eligibility for Till Rental Loan and originating and servicing such a loan
– Providing customer support
– Conducting sweepstakes, contents, or promotions
– Pre-populating forms or applications you might fill out
– Improving our insights to provide you a more tailored product
– To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it
– To provide you with notices about your account or subscriptions
– To communicate with you, including sending direct email and marketing messages
– To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection
– To notify you about changes to the Till Site or any products or services we offer or provide though it
– In any other way we may describe when you provide the information
We may also use your personal information to conduct behavioral assessments, to develop and improve Till Services, including the creation and improvement of new products and offerings, to protect against fraud and fulfill legal requirements. We may also use aggregate or de-identified data for any permissible business purpose, including sharing with third-party service providers for allowable purposes or for research conducted by others. We will not share this de-identified or aggregate information in a way that enables recipient to personally identify you.
3. How Till Shares Information
Till will not sell your personal information to a third-party for their marketing purposes.
We may share your personal information with:
- – our subsidiaries and affiliates
- – purchasers of your loan
- – our contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business such as fraud prevention, servicing, bill collection, marketing and technology services, product development, and nonaffiliated financial institutions that we partner with to market or provide the products or services to you
- – To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us is among the assets transferred
- – Credit bureaus to report account information
- – To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it
We may also share your personal information:
- – To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- – To enforce or apply our contractual arrangements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- – If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
De-identified or aggregated information is not considered personal information. We may also share de-identified or aggregated information for any purpose.
4. Children’s Privacy
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13, we will delete that information.
5. Choices About How we Use and Share your Information
You can access and modify information we collect and store in your account profile by visiting your profile on the Till Site. You may request that we remove your live connection to your bank or financial information.
You may request that we delete or deactivate your account and use of the Till Services. This request will not apply to Till Services for which there is an ongoing contractual obligation, such as an outstanding Till Rental Loan. We will retain your information following deactivation and may use it to contact you, unless you have otherwise opted out, or for our internal business purposes, subject to applicable law.
6. Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of the Till Services that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to the contact information below.
8. Contact Information